A laptop or PC can be a powerful tool for an individual, and the speed is just one of the many features that is available. However, when it comes to laptops and PCs, there are some things you need to know before increasing fan speed on your device.
Speedfan is a command-line tool that allows users to increase the fan speed on their laptop or PC.
Our Opinions After assessing the products/services in line with our professional standards, we write reviews.
Fees for referrals When you buy anything via one of our links, we may be paid an affiliate commission. This, however, has no bearing on the content of our evaluations or the products/services we evaluate. Direct links to purchase goods that are part of affiliate programs may appear in our content.
Standards are being reviewed. To guarantee that each review is based on an unbiased, honest, and professional evaluation of the product/service, all reviews published on CPUtemper must satisfy our stringent reviewing criteria. As a result of these criteria, we must evaluate the product’s technical features and attributes as well as its economic worth for consumers, which may influence the product’s ranking on the website.
- High-end games put a lot of strain on the CPU, which raises the temperature of the laptop or PC.
- To prevent overheating, you may either manually change fan speed in the Windows 10 PC/fan laptop’s settings or go deep into the BIOS and search for a secret CPU fan control option.
- You may also use third-party fan speed control software to monitor and adjust the speed of your CPU fan.
Maintaining a proper CPU temperature, whether on a laptop or a desktop PC, is a difficult job. At the same time, keeping your computer from overheating is critical.
The CPU fan is essential for keeping your computer cool. The actual issue arises when the Laptop PC fan stops working or fails to operate at the proper RPM.
What Kinds of CPU Fans Can You Control?
Depending on how your PC fans are powered, the technique for controlling fan speed on a laptop or PC is very dependant.
You can only manage fans that are linked to your PC motherboard; if they are connected to the power supply, you won’t be able to change their speed manually.
You may also examine the end of the fan wire to see if the fan speed on the PC can be controlled.
A 3-pin connection, a 4-pin connector, and a MOLEX connector are shown from left to right.
- Molex fan connections are powered by the power supply unit. They can’t be controlled manually, but they can be restricted using a resistor wire.
- Because the motherboard has 3-pin DC fan connections, you can control the fan’s speed by restricting the voltage in the BIOS.
- A fan control program can simply control 4-pin PWM (pulse width modulation).
How to Increase Laptop Fan Speed in Windows 10 – Increase the fan speed.
The techniques listed below may be used to adjust laptop fan speed on Windows 10. If you have a gaming laptop, you should keep a careful watch on the RPM of your CPU fan.
Method 1: Use the Control Panel to change the fan speed settings in Windows 10.
To adjust the fan speed, use the built-in laptop fan control Windows function. Follow the instructions in your Control Panel.
- Click “Hardware and Sound,” then “Power Options” in the “Control Panel.” There will be a new window open.
- Change the plan settings first, then the advanced power settings. A dialog window called “Power Options” will display.
- Click the + sign next to “Processor Power Management” in the “Advanced Settings” tab to access an options submenu.
- From the submenu, choose “System Cooling Policy.”
- A drop-down menu will appear when you click the down arrow under “System Cooling Policy.”
- To boost the speed of your CPU’s cooling fan, choose “Active” from the drop-down option.
- Then click “Apply” and “OK.”
Method 2: Using BIOS/UEFI, control fan speed on a Windows 10 laptop.
The BIOS is the second best way to adjust the fan speed on a Windows 10 PC. The BIOS/UEFI may include fan control options depending on your PC or laptop model and motherboard manufacturer.
To do so, go into the BIOS and use one of the two ways below.
- Either restart your computer or hit and hold the “Delete” or “F12” key while it boots up.
- Alternatively, press Windows + I to open Settings > Update & security >Recovery > Advanced Startup >Restart Now > Troubleshoot >Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings > Restart Now > Troubleshoot >Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings > Press the Restart button.
After you’ve entered BIOS,
- To find Fan Speed Control choices, use the arrow keys on your keyboard. This option may change, but system fan speed control options are always available.
- Go to Monitor > Status > Fan Speed Control to adjust the fan speed.
- For your PC fan, look for RPM settings. To raise the fan’s speed, choose 400 RPM or 500 RPM and click Enter.
- Step 4 should be repeated for each fan you want to raise the speed of.
- Press Esc continuously until the Exit menu appears.
- To finalize the fan speed adjustments, choose the “Save Changes and Reset” option; your computer will now restart automatically.
Alternatively, you can locate fan control options in the BIOS, which may be found here.
Find PC Health Status on the Hardware Monitoring screen or the Advanced Tab. This is where you’ll find
Typically, the optimum CPU temperature range at which the fan will speed up, as well as the speed itself, may be adjusted in the BIOS.
On a Windows PC, how can I change the CPU fan speed? (Desktop)
If you use a desktop computer, you have two more choices for controlling PC fan speed.
Method 1: Download Windows 10 Fan Control Software
Download fan speed controller software if you wish to adjust the CPU fan speed on a laptop or PC without changing any fan control settings in the BIOS. For starters, the most popular program among users is SpeedFan.
It is simple to use and does not include any viruses or unwanted items. The installation procedure is simple. This fan control program provides you complete control over the speed of your CPU fans.
On Windows 10 PCs and laptops, SpeedFan is the best third-party option for controlling fan speed. Mac users may check your mac fan speed using the smcFanControl program.
You can verify precise CPU temperature readings with this PC fan control program. You may also check the current RPM of your fan. These tools allow you to manually adjust and increase the fan speed on a laptop.
Speedfan is compatible with a broad range of computer motherboards and sensor chips. You may download Argus monitor or MSI Afterburner if this laptop fan control software doesn’t work.
Another drawback of this Windows 10 fan speed control is that it only works with built-in CPU and case fans.
If SpeedFan isn’t recognizing fans, it’s possible that you have more than one PC fan installed. They are not controlled by this fan control program.
Don’t worry if PC fan controller software won’t allow you manage, alter, or raise the fan speed on your laptop PC; you’ve got a backup option.
Method 2: Purchase an external fan hub to control the speed of your computer’s fans.
The majority of fan-speed-increasing software only works with built-in CPU and case fans. What if you have extra aftermarket PC fans installed? In this situation, purchasing an external fan controller for the PC is the best choice.
Because laptops do not have fan speed controls, this technique is only usable on a desktop computer. Purchase the finest laptop cooling pads for your laptop.
Here is our selection of the finest PC fan controller hubs presently available. These hardware components go into the computer drive bay and include knobs that enable you to adjust the fan speed on the computer manually. You have the option of increasing or decreasing the fan speed.
On these devices, you can also view the current PC fan RPM, but you can’t monitor CPU or GPU temperature. You should do so by getting the finest CPU temperature monitor.
On Windows 10 laptops and PCs, this is how we change the fan speed.
Increase CPU Fan Speed – Frequently Asked Questions
What causes computer fans to become more active?
When the processor or graphics card produces heat, sensors on the motherboard activate the computer fan. The sole goal is to keep the PC at the optimum temperature.
What are the most effective programs for adjusting fan speed?
Aside from SpeedFan, there are a number of hardware monitoring applications that allow you to adjust the speed of your computer’s fans. The best PC fan control software is listed below.
Is it possible to manually change CPU fan speed using a hardware fan controller?
If the software does not allow you to adjust the fan speed, there are hardware components that will allow you to do so. The following is a list of the best fan controller hubs.
How can I boost the fan speed on my Windows 10 laptop?
Because most fan control software does not support laptop fans, you may adjust the fan speed using BIOS settings.
Is it usual for laptop fans to turn on and off all the time?
Yes, laptop fans are constantly on while the laptop is in use. The goal is to keep internal hardware cold and avoid overheating. It’s not usual, though, for your laptop fan to be running at full speed.
How can I check the fan speed of my CPU in Windows 10?
Download SpeedFan or Argus Monitor to see how fast your CPU fan is spinning. These programs will display the precise RPM of your computer’s fans.
How can I lower the fan speed on my Windows 10 laptop?
You may use HWInfo64 to reduce the speed of your laptop’s fan. Most laptop fan settings are supported by this program. To manually reduce or raise laptop fan speed, use the HWiNFO fan control option.
How Do I Change The Fan Speed Of My CPU Without Using BIOS?
Download third-party fan control software if you don’t know how to adjust fan settings in BIOS.
For a laptop or PC, what is the optimum CPU fan speed?
The optimum CPU fan speed for a laptop depends on a variety of factors, but 70 percent is a reasonable starting point. If you’re wondering what RPM is regarded typical for laptop fans, the optimum range is 3000 to 4000 RPM.
Is it a problem that my PC fan is too loud?
If your computer fan is continuously noisy, it may be due to a problem with the fan bearing or because your computer is dusty. Clean any clogged fresh air intakes on your computer.
How to Reset a Computer’s Idle Speed
Change plan settings by going to Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings by going to Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings by going to Control Modify advanced power options > Change any settings that aren’t working right now. Expand Processor Power Management and click on Minimum Processor State. Apply once you’ve typed in the updated desired percentages.
How can I reduce the fan speed on my computer and laptop?
You can access BIOS settings and find fan control choices there. Reduce the fan speed by selecting one of these choices.
The control fan speed windows 10 reddit is a question that has been asked many times before. There are multiple ways to increase the fan speed depending on your laptop model and operating system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I increase my laptop fan speed Windows 10?
To increase the speed of your laptop fan, you can press F4 on your keyboard.
How can I increase my laptop fan speed?
There are a number of ways to increase your laptop fan speed. One way is to use the Windows Device Manager and disable all power management options for the device. Another way is to download a third-party program such as SpeedFan or ThrottleStop, which will allow you to change the settings on your own.
Can I control fan speed on laptop?
Yes, you can control the speed of your laptops cooling fan.
- how to increase fan speed on laptop windows 10
- how to decrease fan speed on laptop windows 10
- how to change cpu fan speed without bios
- fan speed control
- how to change fan speed in bios